Thursday, April 10, 2014

It's an honour.......

OK - so I am sitting here with the left side of my face on my left shoulder from a massive jaw infection thanks to a hole in one of my teeth! (Yes lesson learnt the hard way - always go to the dentist before it gets this bad).

Anyway, last month I was contacted by the lovely Deb from a Quilters Table who was asking for my permission to feature one of my blocks as part of a 22 Favourite Quilt Blocks post that she was organising on the Sew Mama Sew blog.

Talk about being totally humbled, as she had chosen my Road to Fortune Block that I picked as part of a Queen Bee group that I was involved with last year.

Here is the block again in case you can't remember how it looked.... or check out the original post here!


I am sad to say that this is how the quilt is currently going! Just four blocks on my design wall begging to be added to and then mad into a gorgeous bright scrappy quilt!


See what I hadn't counted on was that all printers automatically print the pattern pieces to whatever setting they are set to - so this resulted in all my blocks with the exception of 4 being different sizes. No problems though as I am planning on using the odd sized ones on the back as a bit of a feature.  I think if I was to run this block again as a Bee block, I would print all the paperwork and then send the templates off to each person. That way I can guarantee that the sizing will all be the same.

Before I go any further I really need to thank the delightful Cathy from The Blueberry Patch who was the inspiration behind this quilt. Check out her post here that set the wheels in motion for my Road to Fortune quilt. And we wont even start to talk about the number of quilts that have been added to my one day I want to make list all because I have seen it on Cathy's blog!


See, told you these blocks are clinging on my Design Wall! Hmmm, I really think I need to do a tidy up of my sewing space before I start sewing again! LOL

Anyway, just thought you would all like to share in my exciting news as I am still waiting for my feet to touch the ground! I mean really - me! Little Ol me with almost no Patchwork experience!

And as for my Paper piecing mentors - Kristy, Jane and Marieka - are you all the slightest bit proud!!!!!!!!


1 comment: