Sunday, June 30, 2013

Modern QAL - Block 2

I was getting super excited that Anorina from Samelia's Mum had posted the July Block, when I realised that I hadn't posted about Block 2 - The Spool! Whoops..... I did do it.... honestly!

Anyway, better late then never! LOL


I choose to use the gorgeous owl fabric from the Woodlands Whimsy range!


I wish I had put a little more thought into the actual cutting out of the middle piece so it was a bit more centred! I was just so excited going off an a tangent that the future quilt's owner actually has three children - two boys and a girl and that is what the owls represented to me. 


The finished Spool block next to the first block. They now both live on my newly acquired design wall where I can admire them all the time.

Anyway, I am off to make some Pumpkin Soup for dinner and then pull some fabric out for Block 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment