Monday, May 20, 2013

Sunday Stash #63

OMG - I am putting myself on a strict fabric diet!

 I have just pulled out all the yummy stuff that came into my possession last week so I could take some photos and I nearly died! So without further notice, I am on a ban with only the basic essentials to be added - until I have managed to at least complete the Must make soon pile which is stacked up next to my cutting table.

I was lucky enough to win not one lot of fabric yumminess - but TWO!!!!


This was a FB prize from the lovely Bella Patchwork store in Orange NSW.
I was lucky enough to choose two FQ's from the new Chevron range. My plan for these beauties will be a fabric basket for each of my children. The photo really doesn't do this fabric justice as each chevron has a textured weave look to it!


Secondly were these gorgeous FQ's from Fi over at Finding Fifth! I won these simply for linking up to Sunday Stash! So super easy!  Look how cute the tag is - I am planning on upcycling this to use on a card. As for the FQ's - the elephant fabric has already been earmarked for a coffee snuggly and matching tissue cover!

Any fabric in the mail is just heaven - but to receive such total yumminess without having to pay for it is just bliss.

OK, so now on to all the newly homed goodness that I had to pay for! LOL


I discovered the fantastic mag whilst I was back home visiting in the school holidays. It is a UK mag - but it is jammed packed with lots of cute stuff to make. I spotted the macaroon issue on a destash page on FB and just had to grab it. Mind you they were so popular that these were the only two left. 

The next lot of photos are my purchase from the Spotlight Sewing day, although the demonstrations at my store were fun and insightful  I was very disappointed that I was not allowed to use my spend $100 get $40 off voucher - despite the voucher stating that it included all sales items. There has since been an interesting thread on FB about how some stores let it go through, whilst other didn't. Actually all in all, it has left a bad taste in my mouth and I won't be heading back to Spotlight soon - which is a shame for my store in particular as I was in there at least once a week and I always tidied the quilting section up whilst I browsed. OH well! 


Some Polar Fleece to make some beanies, scarves and gloves for the kids


These patterns were 5 for $10 - so I stocked up on some new summer patterns for Miss 9.


I added some more Dr Seuss fabric to my collection - this is destined to be an oversized lap quilt for Mr 4 who is currently obsessed with The Lorax! I am searching for some of the Cat In The Hat books to read with him of a night time.


2 gorgeous bright FQ's that landed in my basket - I am hoping that these will be OK to use for the May Bee block.


This one is a little pure indulgence - but also a very special present for a friend.
I was reading my blog list last week and stumbled across a Modern Block QAL over at And Sew we craft - I really liked the look of some of the blocks and the fact that a lot of solids had also been used. It really struck a chord and at the same time I thought about how it would look fantastic draped over the back of the lounge of an extra special friend of mine who has helped me out more than she will ever know or I can tell her. So anyway, heres hoping that I can make each block and have this ready for her birthday next year. The photo does not show the true colours of the fabric - as they are light grey for the background, Hot fuchsia, Lime Green, Yam Orange and Coffee bean brown.

Well I had better get back to some Mummy duties, Mr 4 had some needles yesterday - so is resting in front of the tellie, but is demanding some lunch! LOL

Anyway, linking up to Sunday Stash over at Sew Happily Ever After!

Hope you all have a great week!



1 comment:

  1. You certainly have posted a LOT of fabric this week. I have not used that Spotlight voucher at all. In fact I am avoiding Spotlight a bit because I agree that they are not very consistent with their vouchers for the reasons that you staed above. I am fascinated by the secret thank you project in those delicious colours above...whata lovely idea to thank a friend.

    ReplyDelete