Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Being Thrifty!

Does everybody have one of those pieces of clothing that you just live in and would be so lost if you know had it to wear????? Well for me - that essential piece is my long denim skirt! I try to wear it all year round! Anyhow I was devestated to learn that I had a rip in the back just above the back split. Hmmmm, what was I going to wear now.

Well instead of throwing it out - or even upcycling it somehow, I managed to patch it with an iron on embroidered patch. Sheesh I am feeling pretty clever with myself.

The ladybird patch! Once ironed on - I did sew it on as well for extra strength and protection!

The underside showing what the patch is hiding.

I couldn't help myself, I added a trail with some embroidery thread.

My skirt all ready to go - now just to shave the overgrown forest that has appeared on my jean cladded legs and I will be ready to wear my most loved piece of clothing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment